I so did not mean to leave my journal dead for.... [checks desktop calendar]....Oh, wow.Wow.
I've been participating sporadically on a few Lj haunts (well, two) and even that has suffered...for the most part I sorta been swallowed up by my offline universe where it concerns work and relationships. Which is not to suggest my life has been super-exciting; it really hasn't. It just turns out that I've really, REALLY begun to suck at multi-tasking as Ive gotten older. RIP ladypolitik
's youthful spazziness; #GetOffMyLawn. ( The brief skinny.Collapse )
That's the skinny for now. Thanks to everyone who even had me on their minds and thought I was somehow worthy of a private shout out or a Lj Nudge. I promised myself years ago I'd never get "nudged", but alas.....FAIL. ♥
Friday was the last day of work for me until September (as far as I'm aware).
I want to do nothing else but savour that point for a good 24 hrs. Because this was, by far, the most exhausting school gig of my career, thus far.
I applied to a few permanent positions (different schools). Only had one interview so far (for the school I was just with). We'll see how that goes.
Other than that, Im going to spent the next two months eating, cooking, Stay'cation-ing, summer romance woo'ing, marathon show-watching, consistently updating this damned journal for the first time in maybe 8 months, and not thinking.
*Goes back to bed*
ETA: Also, my apologized to anyone who ever sent me a personal/non-comm related private message over the last, uh...6 months. I will try my best to get back to you asap.
- Ontario Literacy (and mock numeracy) standardized tests were this week. And about 2 prior months of teaching students how to regurgitate information, rather than absorbing the skills for the sake of learning/getting the.. I hate it so effing much and am glad it's over.
- It's officially 2 months into semester two, and I can officially claim to have That Class From Hell (re: the class that becomes a dumping ground for all the students nobody else wants to teach, and thus an über concentrated level and unfair battle arena of disciplinary and special needs-based learning challenges to both teacher and students). The only thing missing is the Nice White Lady™ archetype. Fortunately.
- In the process of backing up my hard drive and then formatting the laptop. It keeps crashing, spitting out gibberish error messages, and system-rebooting. It'll be a miracle if I can post this update before it suddenly reboots. Expletives.
- The Foo Fighters are fucking awesome.
- After a brutal, long-ass week, the weekend is finally here. Tears in mine eyes.
I MADE IT?!?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. SUCK IT, INFESTED LAPTOP.
I completely slacked off on keeping yall posted on my guitar hunt, but long story short, I found The One™. Say "hello" to my lil' friend:( More sexy pics:Collapse )
I had soooo much fun trying out different guitars over the last few weeks, but this baby has my heart.
It's a Taylor GS Mini, a standard steel/6-string acoustic guitar, beautiful mahogany, dark natural finish topwood like I've always wanted (here's the lighter, Sitka Spruce topwood
equivalent) and best of all, it's a reduced scale, travel sized version of the standard Taylor Grand Symphony
acoustic (perfect for my little hands and general ~diminutiveness~), yet for a little thing it packs a rich/booming tone. It can fit into an airplane overhead compartment! Love, love, love.( Dot, dot, dot.Collapse )
Stupid Grin Mode for a month, to be honest. I think this is my favourite purchase ever, after the car. I'm in love. It's perfect. Best early birthday present to myself, ever. Unf. Just unf.
( It's absolutely shameful that the last time I updated was to offer a partly-intoxicated New Years greetings.Collapse )
It's been a hellova semester, and the bit of chaos that comes with having at least one class of tiny monsters is about to transform me into a far less laid-back/more "mean" teacher for second semester. You know, that one new-ish, formerly bright-eyed/bushy-tailed teacher everyone had in high school: the one that second term students exclaim "Gahhhh!! What happened?! What did they do to you last term?!" over.
Well, you happened, my little pretties. You happened.
I still love what I do, of course, but establishing my signature teaching style has been a little challenging, so I'm a little keen to experiment. We're trying "Miss Ball-Buster" for a while, just to see where it takes us. But I'll leave the cattle prod outta it. For now.
P.S. Oh hey, 2nd semester = a new contract gig. Hooray, for this is the first time I've taught 2 semesters, back to back, and thus shall be my first ever September-to-June 'typical' school year.